HeronBridge College accepts children who are able to cope with a mainstream academic curriculum.
The Admissions Policy is in line with the South African Constitution, South African Schools Act (Act No 84 of 1996) and the National Education Policy Act (Act No 27 of 1996). The Admissions Policy of this school is determined by the directors of the school. The Head and the admissions team are responsible for the administration of the admission of learners into HeronBridge College.
HeronBridge College accepts registrations at all times during the school year through the Admissions office. Registrations are accepted from the birth of the child. The earlier you register the better, as our waiting lists work by registration date order.
Priority will however be given to learners who already have a sibling/s in the school.
There are currently limited places available for our 2020 intake. Book a time with our Admissions Team to come through for a meeting at your convenience.
It is however essential for siblings of current pupils to be registered timeously to facilitate their enrolment into the school. We have three major intake years – Grade 0000, 000, 00 and Grade 8. A full term’s notice from existing families is required by the first day of a school term prior to the pupil leaving to prevent loss of deposit.
Requirements for Registration
- A copy of the pupil’s Birth Certificate or acceptable proof of date of birth
- A copy of his/her most recent school report
- A completed Registration Form
- Proof of payment of the Registration Fee ( R450)
Admission Age for Each Grade
Grade 0000: must be 2 years old turning 3
Grade 000: must be 3 years old turning 4
Grade 00: must be 4 years old turning 5
Grade R: must be 5 years old turning 6
Grade 1: must be 6 years old turning 7
Grade 2 – 12: no more than 2 years above the Grade age (at the discretion of the Head)
Pre-Preparatory School – It is school policy to allow a child to attend a day at the school before enrolling, on approval by the Head or Deputy Head concerned.
Preparatory School – It is school policy to allow a child to attend a day at the school before enrolling, on approval by the Head or Deputy Head concerned.
High School – On approval by the Head or Deputy Head concerned.
The Admission of Non-Citizens
- The Policy applies equally to the admission of non South African citizens, including parents who are in the possession of a permanent or temporary residence, or who are illegal aliens.
- A learner who enters the country on a study permit must present the study permit to the school.
- People classified as illegal aliens must, when applying for admission for their children, show evidence that they have applied to the Department of Home Affairs to legalise their stay in the country.
In terms of the contract of enrolment, parents are required to give HeronBridge College a full term’s notice in writing by no later than the first day of term before you are leaving. The letter can be handed in to the Admissions Office or it can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
HeronBridge College is an English-medium school and the language of learning and teaching (LOLT) is English. Afrikaans is the first additional language. Learners will not be refused admission on grounds that English is not their official home language.