Matric Results - 2012
HeronBridge College celebrates the class of 2012!
HeronBridge College has once again produced an outstanding set of National Senior Certificate results, under the aegis of the Independent Education Board. Again this year we have achieved what we refer to as the 100x100 which means 100% pass rate and 100% access to tertiary studies.
The results summarise as follows:
- 100% pass rate;
- 100% access to tertiary studies rate (all qualifying to study further at either degree, diploma or higher certificate level);
- 85.5% university entrance rate (59 out of 69 qualifying to attend university);
- 89 A symbols (an average of 1.3 per candidate);
- 4 A, 24 B, 26 C and 14 D averages;
- The averages of the top 10 range from 75% to 85%;
- The full range of overall averages span 47% - 85%, all above 50% but for one;
- The average overall of all pupils is 66.2%, being 1% above a calculated IEB average for the subjects our pupils wrote.
Two exceptional achievements are to be noted: Farai Mubaiwa, in English, and Melissa Pullen, in Afrikaans, who were each placed in the top 1% of all candidates. Congratulations!
Particular congratulations go to the following top achievers:
7 distinctions (English, Afrikaans, Mathematics, Mathematics Paper 3, Accounting, History, Life Orientation), a B symbol for Physical Sciences and an average of 84% over all 8 subjects.
7 distinctions (English, Afrikaans, Life Orientation, Life Sciences, Mathematics, Mathematics Paper 3, Physical Sciences), a C symbol for History and an average of 80% over all 8 subjects.
7 distinctions (English, Afrikaans, Life Orientation, Life Science, Mathematics, Mathematics Paper 3, Physical Sciences), a B symbol for History and an average of 85% over all 8 subjects.
|Michael de Klerk:
6 distinctions (Geography, Life Orientation, Mathematics, Mathematics Paper 3, AP Mathematics, Physical Sciences), a B symbol for Life Sciences, C symbols for English and Afrikaans, and an average of 79% over all 9 subjects.
4 distinctions (English, Geography, Life Orientation, Mathematical Literacy), B symbols for History and Life Sciences, a C symbol for Afrikaans, and an average of 80% over all 7 subjects.
THE TOP 10 ACHIEVERS:
Heartiest congratulations are extended to all our 2012 Grade 12 pupils and to all our teachers on achieving these excellent NSC results.